Wide receivers would like to put as much distance between themselves and cornerbacks as Obama puts between himself and his former friends and colleagues.
Let's see. By my count Obama has:
1) Distanced himself from his pastor and mentor of over 20 years, Rev. Wright, claiming he never heard the kind of inflammatory, and idiotic, statements that ooze from Wright like pus from a never-healing wound;
2) Distanced himself from his political mentor and financial backer, (and the guy who effectively bought the Obamas their house) the now-convicted Tony Rezko;
3) Distanced himself from his foreign policy advisers, one for meeting with Hamas, one for calling Hillary a monster;
4) Distanced himself from the man who threw his first fund raiser, and sat on boards with him, just because the public seems to be upset that the friend is an unrepentant terrorist (William Ayers);
5) Distanced himself from John Edwards;
6) Distanced himself from a military adviser over, again, statements which call into question Obama's commitment to Israel.
And now, Jesse Jackson.
How many more people will Obama jettison?
And, (rhetorical question): Will the media ever question Obama how these people came to be his friends and advisers in the first place?